Friday, December 28, 2007

A Day In Between

Well, Zane and I had a great time visiting Rachael and her family in Kentucky. No snow, but the temps made it really feel like December and not June. We had fun going to Jon's grandmother home for Christmas Eve dinner and present opening. Rachael cooked her first turkey as well as all the trimmings for our Christmas Day dinner. We received just as much as we needed and it was not a day of excess. The last thing anyone of us needs is more "stuff." We flew home to AZ yesterday and I have been utilizing this day in between trips to clean, shop for books using my gift card, and take down decorations. Tomorrow we are off again to visit Utah and Matt and family. Zane and Matt already have a snowboarding excursion planned for Park City. As odd as it seems, Matt is not a good snowboarder. That is strange because you all must remember the huge halfpipe he and Chuck built in our "backyard" in Cheyenne. He loved (lived) to skateboard. Anyway, while they are playing in the snow I will go to their house and play with the boys. This little trip will take us until Jan. 2. Then Zane will come back to Gilbert and I will go visit my Dad and brother in Albuquerque. I hope you all had as wonderful family filled Christmas as I did. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Frentheway Crew said...

Looking forward to seeing you and Zane. I have to say that I am not a good snowboarder, yet. Tomorrow will hopefully change that.
Matt

mom2many said...

Kathy...love your blog. so glad to see it. I look forward to keeping in touch this way, I decided to try to take every saturday and do a little bloging for myself just to keep up. My days stay very busy witht he kids but this way I can lock the office door and have a little "me" time. Have fun at matt's.