Wednesday, December 26, 2007

In the Beginning


In the beginning, the written word was chipped into hieroglyphics, then painted on handwritten scrolls on papyrus, type set in the Guttenburg Bible, printed in rag paper books, air mailed, e-mailed, and now blogged on the Internet. The written word has always been a source of enjoyment and knowledge for me. I enter a bookstore and get a physical high. I open a brand new book or magazine and become someone else or transported to another place. Then the world of blogging hit my desktop. I was enthralled. I checked the blogspots daily to see and read something new. I felt connected to loved ones more than an e-mail or snail mail letter could ever do. I really enjoyed reading the blogs from my daughter and some of my nieces. So, I thought to myself , that if the "younger " kids can understand and manage this form of journaling, I can too. After all, I have a master's degree in education, 36 years of parenting and 35+ years of raising a husband. In all honesty, this blogging should be a piece of cake! Let's hope so.

Actually, I would like to dedicate this blog spot to my late husband and eternal companion, Chuck Frentheway. He would have loved and embraced this form of keeping a journal. I always admired him for his diligence in writing in his paper journal on a daily basis for 30 years. He was always on the look out for an electronic way to record his thoughts, testimony, and daily events. Now, however, he is using the heavenly version of keeping a daily record. I will just have to wait to read it until I am with him again.

I won't promise that this spot will be updated on a daily basis, but I will promise that it will be updated. I am going to start out by posting a picture of Chuck's headstone. It is beautiful and he loves it so. I post it because the story of how it came to be is a story of faith, love, and accepting the Lord's timing of events and knowing that everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

mom2many said...

Thank you and kathy for posting such a wonderful story of faith and believe in the direction of the lord. today is one of those days that i would have loved to talk to uc. and in reading your blog in someway i feel that connection..thanks. i love his head stone, it is truely beautiful much like the life he lived.. les