Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas 2007 and I'm Back

Well, I got to experience all kinds of winter weather while I was gone. Rain in Kentucky, snow in Utah, and cloudy and windy in New Mexico. I arrived home late on Sat., Jan. 5. and received the best Christmas surprise ever when I stepped into my home. Zane, Stuart, and Eddie (two are my boarders) took down my Christmas tree and outside lights for me. I hate that job. I was very happy. And the house was neat and clean. ( I wonder how long they had to work to get it that way for me :) I finished taking down the rest of the decorations today. Now it is back to school and 4th graders tomorrow.
I had such a wonderful time at every one's homes. It was fun helping Rachael prepare her very first turkey dinner and helping to play Santa with Jon and Rachael. At Matt and Melissa's, the boys were so good and well behaved. I had forgotten how long it took to get a three year old dressed so he could go out and play in the snow. My goodness! I got to ring in the New Year just the way I liked, lying in my bed reading a great book. By the way, that is my favorite pastime ever. In fact, I brought along a separate suitcase just for my reading material. I had a variety though. Some books were romance novels, mystery books, finance books, political reading, church books and magazine, and a couple of trashy, celebrity magazines. I read all the magazines and three novels, and one half of each of two other books. The airlines were very cooperative also. My bags arrived at each destination safely.
Did I make New Year resolutions? Yes and no. In my head I am resolving to do some of the same things I resolve to do each day: pray, read the scriptures, and try to get to the temple bi-monthly. I haven't written down the usual "go on and stick to a diet" resolution yet. I really have to gear myself up for that one. I am such a stress and emotional eater. I would not do a good job at Overeaters Anonymous! I think the best stategy is to tackle each day as it comes along. I wake up each day, put my shoes on, and go do what the day requires of me. I do find joy and happiness each day. I am alone but not lonely. I have my family and the Gospel to fill my life. How blessed I am. Maybe, instead of making resolutions, one should just make a list of all the blessings and positive things one received the previous year. In other words, a gratitude journal. Changing the focus a bit results in a different outlook on life.
Enjoy the pictures!!! Happy New Year 2008!!!

No comments: