Sunday, January 13, 2008

Payday and It's Gone

Well, this was the first week back to school after the Christmas (yes, I'm going to say it) break. My students were very well behaved until Friday. Thank goodness for the weekend.
I got paid on Friday and signed my income over to the air-conditioning guys who just replaced my 15 year old unit. The job took them all week, but I think they did a great job. It seems like each month something comes along which is very expensive and just wrecks the 'ole monthly budget. Now I need to replace my garbage disposal. That may have to wait until next month. I have been trying very hard to not use my credit cards except for travel. It is a personal challenge and so far, two weeks into the new year, I have been doing great.
Many of you know how much I love the movies. In fact, years ago, family members would call me up to give them a movie review. That stopped when Rachael got involved with Sundance and we all know she loves the movies just as much as I. Wonder where that came from? Anyway, here are my movie reviews for this year.

National Treasure- very entertaining, no bad language, no sex, some kissing, a lot of action

The Debaters-great acting, some disturbing lynch scenes, great dialogue, an underdog movie, happy ending, some sex, no bad lang., true story

P.S. I Love You-funny, some sex, bring Kleenex, happy ending, no bad lang. , a chick flick

Juno-funny, great dialogue, great acting, some sex, language is teen age slang and may be offensive if you have forgotten what it was like to be 16 and hormonal, happy ending, probably one of the best I've seen this year (even Zane and Jonathon liked it)

Enchanted- part fairy tale, great music, some kissing, a love story, fun, makes you want to sing and dance, kids will like it

No, I haven't seen Alvin and the Chipmunks. Some one else will have to go and review that one.

I haven't updated you on the Zane man. This week he starts his EMT training. His goal is become a firefighter :) I understand the process is hard in order to get accepted into the fire academy. But, it seems like everyone I talk to has a family member or friend who is doing this job and can help Zane out. He did very well last semester at Chandler-Gilbert Community College. This week he had to be a squeaky wheel and bug the Red Cross to get his CPR card. Apparently, the fax that came through to them didn't print his name out clearly and they just ignored it, instead of trying to find out who it was so they could submit his card to the proper school authorities. He had to drive all the way into north Phoenix (it's like going to Ft. Collins from Cheyenne) to get the card and then had deliver it to the school. But, all is well and he is set to start on Tues.He doesn't live here with me anymore. He lives with a friend not to far away and I see him quite a bit. He gets all of his mail here, does his laundry, and if he wants some food other than Top Ramen or crackers and cheese, he comes here. He is trying to date as many different girls as he can, and so, on Sunday he attends a different singles ward in hope of meeting someone new. When we were in Heber he even went to the singles ward there. Nothing shy about that boy. He has been such a help and support to me. Thanks Zane!

No comments: