Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter and Orange Blossoms


Remember: Easter is this Sunday. For those of you who have kids, don't forget to buy the eggs to color, and the dye. Also, remember the Easter Bunny comes and hides the eggs and gives baskets full of sugar.I am just reminding you because your kids will never forgive you if you forget about this part of Easter.

Remember: This Sunday is Easter. For those of you who have kids don't forget to tell them the true story of Easter. Don't forget to read it yourself and remember the real reason why Easter is the most joyous holiday we celebrate. Remember: it because of the resurrection of Christ that we can all live again and see and be with our loved ones who have had the privilege of going on before us.We can also be with Him and our Heavenly Father again.

As I walked around Target today, I was struck by all the cute Easter stuff for sale. Yes, there were the bunnies, chicks, egg dye, jelly beans, the baskets, the grass, and the chocolate. But I was also pleased to see the books about the real meaning of Easter and Bible stories placed next to those about Peter Cottontail.

When I got home, I went out into my backyard and surveyed my orange tree. There on the tips of the branches, nestled in the dark green leaves, were the white orange blossoms. They were still closed, but by the end of this week they will be open and diffusing their heavenly scent into my backyard air and into my nose. What a wonderful smell. The blossoms caused me to contemplate the true meaning of Easter and have joy, peace, hope and thankfulness in my heart for this wonderful season and what it promises to all of us.

May you enjoy both spirits of Easter. May you enjoy the smiles and wide eyes of your kids as they discover their Easter baskets and hunt for eggs. Finally, may you all smile and have your walks uplifted in the knowledge of the true reason for this season!

No comments: