Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Enchanted


Ok, I woke up this morning so excited. Today was "Enchanted" day. Today was the day I could go to Target and buy the movie,"Enchanted." I didn't want to seem too eager (a 58 year old women pounding on the door at 7AM), so I waited until 9:30AM and hopped into my car and took off. I parked and non-chalantly strolled in pretending to look for paper clips or toothpaste. But, guess what, right by the check out counters, there they were, a whole display case full of "Enchanted." I walked over and said "excuse me" to about six other people standing in front of the case and plucked one from the back of the stack(Rach you know what I mean). I was so excited. I made sure I had the full screen version. I hate letter box. I put it in the seat of my cart and decided that I needed to roam around the store like I really needed something else to buy besides the movie. What would people think if they knew I had just come to Target for ONE thing? So I did buy some paper clips and some card stock paper and then I decided that I could check out. Which I did, and then carefully took the movie back home.
Well, how many times have I watched it since I brought it home? Are you ready?
NONE. It has set on my bed all day. I feel like I do when I have a new book to read. I sometimes hesitate to begin because then it will soon be over. I tried to coerce Zane into watching it with me, but he said, "Mom, I'm not quite ready for it." Whatever that means. Then I asked Eddie if he wanted to watch it with me. He said he was going to Devin's to watch the Sun's game. Then I asked Stuart if he wanted to watch it with me. He said he was going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Sun's game. Well,I guess that leaves me and the cats. Or, maybe I will save it and watch it on Friday night when the "boys" are going to have an "Enchanted" party. At any rate, I am still excited that today, Mar. 18, was "Enchanted Day." Tomorrow is another story. It is "Tax Day."

2 comments:

Frentheway Crew said...

I must be missing something. When I saw the previews, I decided it was the last movie I would want to see, in spite of Dempsey being in it.
Well I guess I will have to watch it to see what perception I got wrong.
Enjoy. If I was there, I would watch it with you and order Barro's Pizza and Wings.

mom2many said...

Ok, Kathy, I must admit that I too have gone out and purchased enchanted. And guess what, I watched the very night we got it. I love that movie. My girls are very fond of it too, so needless to say it has been showing at our house for the last few days. I finally have had to turn it off a time or too cause I just can't handle all of the singing at times. Any way, I decided that I better get back on my blog spot, I'm a little behind. If I was there on friday night I too would be joining you in watching it with a hugh bowl of popcorn with extra butter.