Sunday, February 3, 2008

An Address Book?

This week I had a phone call from one of my older cousins who lives in Utah. Dolores is my Aunt Louva's daughter. (my mother's side) She is quite a bit older than I am and I don't remember when the last time was that I saw her. I think it was when I was six or so and had the measles while on vacation visiting her family in Toole,UT. Anyway, she said she was wondering about my Dad and how he was doing. She hadn't heard from him in two Christmases and was concerned. She said she was looking through her address book and came across my name and address. She googled me and got the phone number etc. We had a nice visit and I told her that my Dad was still living in Albuquerque but his short term memory was going, and so he probably had forgotten to send any Xmas cards at all. After our talk, I got to thinking about the status of my family members' addresses. They are on post- its scattered through out the house, or I have torn them off envelopes and they are in a little wooden basket by my desk, or some are on a list in my desk drawer. Bottom line is: they are not in any organized format. So one of my New Year resolutions is to take all those post-its, ripped envelopes, and the list, and compile it into a new address book. I have to admit, going to buy a new book will be fun. Not only do I get a high going into book stores, but I get high going into office supply stores as well. Go figure. I want someone to check on me at a later date to see if I have accomplished this task. If I know I will be accountable to someone, the job will most likely get done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enter them all on your outlook program. This will save you a ton of time and headache in the future. Not to mention you can back it up and retrieve it, should your computer ever blow up.
Matt